What is Wysasys.com
Wysasys.com is a shady website, which manages to infect web browsers via potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). Its presence is very destructive to the affected web browsers, and can also jeopardize your online privacy. That’s why you should remove this threat as soon as you detect it on your Mac. The longer you delay taking action, the worse your situation will become!
How it is distributed
The most common distribution methods include freeware, software bundles, fake update messages, misleading ads and pop-ups. What usually happens, is that the user installs the malicious software without even realizing it. When you try to install a program that you’ve downloaded from the internet, you may stumble upon a promotion of other software in its installer. However, the ad will be very well concealed so chances are, you won’t be able to spot it. It will be programmed to get automatically installed along with the desired program, unless you opt out of its installation. We strongly advise you to pay close attention when you install software on your computer. You never know what additional software may be hidden in the installer. One second of carelessness and you may unknowingly infect your Mac with a dangerous virus!
How it operates
Once Wysasys.com infects your web browsers, it will start generating a pop-up message that’s asking you to allow the display of additional browser notifications. It may also use attractive content to make you do its bidding. Do not fall for this trap! What you should do is decline such notifications and close the website/browser. The Wysasys.com PUP can also redirect you to shady pages, show unreliable ads, and even monitor your online activity! The parasite may even obtain private data like browser history, search results, IP addresses, GPS data, ISP domain name, as well as other information you may use while browsing, such as passwords and bank accounts. Wysasys.com‘s presence can make your browser unresponsive to your action, you may start experiencing slow internet speed and lagging. The only way to return to a normal browsing and protect your personal data, is by removing this PUP from your mac entirely!
Staying safe from Wysasys.com PUP
Apart from having a reliable AV software installed on your Mac, there are other things you can do to ensure your device’s safety. We highly recommend you to:
- Pay close attention when you install third-party software, especially torrent files, so you don’t install shady additional applications that you don’t want. In most cases, that’s how malicious parasites are able to infect your computer;
- Read any Terms and Conditions you see, so you know exactly what you agree to. The last thing you want is to unknowingly give permission to a nasty virus to infiltrate your Mac;
- Follow links that lead to trustworthy sites only;
- It is best to visit only reliable and official websites. You never know what dangers might lurk behind an unfamiliar site;
- No matter how attractive an ad is, if you are not familiar with the website it redirects to, it might be best to steer clear of it and not click;
- Always check the sender’s email address before opening a message. If it states that it’s from an official company, compare the email with the one given in their official page. If there is no match, delete the message, since it most likely is fake and has malicious aims;
- Don’t open email attachments from unknown senders. More often than not, such files carry infections that can seriously damage your computer.
How to manually remove Wysasys.com PUP from Mac
If you’ve had the misfortune of getting your Mac infected with the Wysasys.com PUP, the instructions below can help you to remove it manually. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to Utilities. You can do that by using the ⇧+⌘+U key combination, or by going to Finder and choosing Utilities from the Go main menu at the top.
2. Find Activity Monitor and double-click it.
3. A list will be displayed. Find any processes that seem suspicious to you and use the ‘Force Quit‘ option to quit them completely.
4. Open Finder. Click on the Go button from the main menu at the top, and choose Applications. An alternative way is to use the ⇧+⌘+A key combination.
5. Look for any suspicious applications, especially ones with a name similar to Wysasys.com. If any are found, right-click on them and select the ‘Move to Trash‘ option.
6. Remove any related left-over files by going to Finder‘s search bar and typing the name of the app you want to remove. Make sure to modify the two drop down menus above to ‘System Files‘ and ‘Are Included‘, so that any hidden files are visible for you to remove. Once you find the files you want to remove, simply drag them to Trash.
7. All that’s left for you to do is remove any related extensions to Wysasys.com from your Mac browsers.
For Mozilla Firefox extensions:
- Open the Firefox browser and from the ‘burger’ menu in the top right corner of the window select ‘Add-ons’.
- Select any suspicious extensions that may be related to the virus and click ‘Remove’.
For Google Chrome extensions:
- Open the Chrome browser and select Tools > Extensions from the menu (the three dots in the top right corner of the browser window).
- Locate any suspicious extensions that may be related to the virus and remove them.
For Safari extensions:
- Open the Safari browser. From the Safari menu choose Preferences. Select Extensions from the options at the top.
- Find any extensions you think are related to the virus, select them and click ‘Uninstall’. A new window will show up asking for confirmation. Click Uninstall again, for the extension to get deleted permanently from your browser.
may have the ability to replicate itself, if not completely cleaned. This may require tracking down hundreds of files and settings. You can choose to use Spyhunter Professional Anti-Malware Program to deal with any infection that might be lurking along with !
>>Download SpyHunter – a Professional Virus scanner and remover.
Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.