Before we dive into this topic, it is important to note that there’s a difference between a Mac that won’t turn on, and one that won’t start up. Both cases require a different approach.
When your Mac won’t start up, it will still display something on your screen, whereas if the problem is that it won’t turn on, the screen will remain black. When you press the Power button, if you’re not met with some kind of a fan/drive noise or any visual display on your screen, it is certain that your Mac cannot turn on at all.
In this article, we’ll talk about what you can do, in order to resolve the issue. Often, the cause of this problem turns out to be a damaged battery, loose or a disconnected power cable, etc. It is very possible that the solution is right in front of you. Here are some things you can try, before giving up and calling the IT guy.
1. Make sure that your device is plugged in properly. Sure, it is a simple solution, but it might be exactly what you need to get your Mac working again. The good old ‘turn it off and on again’ trick can potentially save time and effort in your mission to bring your beloved Mac back to life.
2. If that doesn’t help, check if your battery isn’t drained.
3. To make sure that the problem does not derive from your power adapter, try using another battery/power cable/adapter, to make sure that the one you have isn’t faulty.
4. If you have more than one monitor plugged in, try using only one.
5. Any peripherals that are connected to your device must be disconnected and then plugged back in. We suggest you do this methodically, to see if the problem isn’t a defective accessory that is not letting your Mac to turn on.
We hope you got lucky and one of these suggestions worked for you. If not, you need to contact the Apple support team for further assistance or seek warranty services to check if you can get your Mac repaired/replaced, according to your situation.
may have the ability to replicate itself, if not completely cleaned. This may require tracking down hundreds of files and settings. You can choose to use Spyhunter Professional Anti-Malware Program to deal with any infection that might be lurking along with !
>>Download SpyHunter – a Professional Virus scanner and remover.
Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.