While the AirPods connect automatically to iPhone and iPad devices, the process of pairing them with a Mac requires a little more interaction. But there is no need to worry. After reading this article, you’ll be able to successfully connect your AirPods to your Mac device.
But before we give you the step-to-step tutorial, it is important to note one thing. If the AirPods you’re using are from the 2nd generation line, then you need to make sure that your Mac is running macOS 10.14.4 or later.
First, you need to check if the AirPods are not already connected with your Mac. This is possible if you’ve already paired them with your iPhone and your Mac is signed in to the iCloud with the same Apple ID. In this case, simply click the speaker icon from the menu bar in the top right corner. Choose your AirPods from the drop-down menu and you’re done!
If that doesn’t work, here’s how to manually pair both devices:
1. Go to the Apple menu (the apple icon in the top left corner menu bar) and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Bluetooth.
3. Turn Bluetooth On (skip this step if the option was already selected).
4. Next, put the AirPods back in their charging case, but leave the lid open.
5. You need to press and hold the button on the back of the case, until a white light flashes.
6. Then, you’re ready to select the AirPods from the Device list. Just click on the Connect button right next to the device name.
If the sound comes from your speakers, and not your AirPods, go back to the speaker icon from the menu bar in the top right corner. Make sure that the output device is set to your AirPods.
Alternatively, if the Bluetooth icon is visible in the same menu bar we already mentioned above, you can use it as a shortcut and skip Steps 1-3. After Step 4, simply click on the Bluetooth icon and select your AirPods > Connect.
may have the ability to replicate itself, if not completely cleaned. This may require tracking down hundreds of files and settings. You can choose to use Spyhunter Professional Anti-Malware Program to deal with any infection that might be lurking along with !
>>Download SpyHunter – a Professional Virus scanner and remover.
Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.