What Is Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus?
If you see a website like search.resultssys.com in your browser’s address bar, that means your Mac has been infected by a browser extension or a malicious program. “Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus” is a malicious browser extension that may display a search engine with an improper name and without any typing, so you would not be aware that you are being redirected to the site of hackers’ choice where they can steal your personal information. “Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus” is not a real search engine, but it is based on an existing search engine and gains revenue by displaying paid results. Usually, “Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus” does not infect Mac computers with the intention to steal your data. It generally displays some third party advertisements in pop-up windows that can damage your system, and if you carelessly click on them they would install malware ‘adware’ or ‘spyware’.
How Is Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus Distributed?
“Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus” is commonly bundled in installers together with free programs, so it can be installed onto your computer without you noticing and knowing, and since it is hard to spot in the list of programs, more often than not users don’t uninstall it properly. This means that “Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus” may still be installed on your system even if you uninstall the program you downloaded earlier, so The distribution methods also may include: Freeware or Shareware games or media players that pretend to be ad-supported, playing a video when you open the program. Internet Explorer add-ons (called plugins) from unknown websites. Firefox extensions from websites that you do not trust, or software manufacturers pretending to give you a discount.
How harmful is Search.resultssys.com hijacker?
While “Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus” is not a critical computer threat, it can still redirect you to inappropriate websites and cause pop-up ads that appear to be legitimate in order to trick you into clicking them and installing malware on your computer. How do I avoid being infected by the Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus?
While using the computer, you’ll have to be careful with what you download and install and ensure that it is not bundled with other offers. If you want to install free programs, make sure that they are from a reliable source, or you may end up with malware on your computer. You can also prevent “Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus” from being installed onto your computer. If you don’t want a browser extension, disable the automatic starting of some applications by going to the General tab in System Preferences and uncheck the option that allows it to start with Mac OS X.
How did I get infected?
You got infected while you were using your Mac. This means that it was installed without your consent and that the virus was started automatically when you opened the app. It may have been installed on your system without you knowing the fact, or you may have downloaded and installed it accidentally. If you are looking for ways to fix the not working Search.resultssys.com Mac Virus infection from the Apple Mac OS X (x.x) you can use our guide here .
How Do I Prevent Being Infected?
How can I remove Search.resultssys.com virus ?
Step 1: Uninstall Search.resultssys.com and remove related files and objects
- Open your Finder –> Click on GO –>Click on Utilities
- Find Activity Monitor and open it
- Review all the processes in Activity Monitor and write down the ones related to Search.resultssys.com virus
- Select Quit
- To kill the malicious process, choose the Force Quit option.
Step 2: Remove Search.resultssys.com – related extensions from Safari / Chrome / Firefox
The first thing you need to do is to make sure Safari is not running. If you have troubles closing it, you may need to Force Quit Safari - (Start Activity Monitor by opening up Finder, then proceed to Application --> Utilities --> Activity monitor. Locate the Safari process and force quit it.
Safely launch Safari again by holding the Shift key and clicking on the Safari application icon - This will prevent Safari’s previously opened malicious web pages.
In case that you still are having trouble with scripts interrupting the closing of unwanted pages, please do the following:
- Force Quit Safari again.
- Disconnect form Internet and try again.
Then Re-Launch Safari but don’t forget to press and hold the Shift button to prevent pop-ups. Then, click on Preferences.
- Carefully take a look at your default home page and change it if the hijacker altered it.
- Then go to the Extensions tab and make sure there are no unknow extensions installed.
- Next step is to click on Privacy tab
- Manage website data
- Here you can remove any unwanted website data or just remove them all. Please, keep in mind that after you do this all stored website data will be deleted. You will need to sign-in again for all websites that require any form of authentication.
- The next step is to Clear History (if you want), select the tab.
- Click the menu next to clear and choose a time period — if you want to completely reset Safari, choose all history.
- Press Clear History
- To remove from Chrome, open the browser and click the icon with the three dots located in the top-right.
- Select to More Tools --> Extensions and review what Chrome Extensions are present in the browser
- Remove the ones that you do not recognize.
- If the parasite continues to disrupt your browsing with Chrome, this is what else you can do:
- Click again the menu of Google Chrome, and open Settings.
- Select the Search Engine from the left panel, review the available search engines and change the default to your preference.
- Then, click on Manage Search Engines, review the list of search engine availabilities and if any of the listed items looks suspicious, click the three-dots next to them, and delete.
- Click on Privacy and Security in the left panel, select the Clear browsing data option, check every box except the Passwords one, and click Clear Data.
- Next step is to clear Notifications, select the Site settings option in the Privacy and Security section, then locate Notifications.
- Review the listed websites in the Allow to send notifications section and if any of the entries shown there seem dubious or related to the browser hijacker, select the three dots next to the object and click on Remove.
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- On the top right click the three dashes
- go to add-ons and themes
- The add-ons manager will open
- Carefully review review four Firefox Extensions
- If any unwanted extension is present, click on the three horizontal dots and then Remove
- After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red dot in the top left and start it again.
Step 3: Scan for and remove Search.resultssys.com files from your Mac
Fix your browser settings with SpyHunter Anti-Malware
Once you download and install SpyHunter for Mac run a scan.
Once the scan is complete, your mac will be virus free.
Search.resultssys.com malware Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I get rid of Search.resultssys.com?
Search.resultssys.com is a Browser hijacker – malicious software that can be installed by third-party applications or websites. They usually change the settings of web browsers and search engines to display certain ads, pop-ups, banners, etc.
- What are the symptoms of Search.resultssys.com infection in your Mac?
Search.resultssys.com becomes your web browser’s built-in search engine.
Your browser’ s search queries are redirected through Search.resultssys.com.com
The “Search.resultssys.com” browser extension or some shady software is installed on your Mac.
- How do I remove Search.resultssys.com from my browser?
In Internet Explorer, click the gear icon on the top left and select Manage add-ons. Under Add-on Types, select Search Providers. Select your search engine from the list of providers and click Remove to remove it. In Google Chrome, go to Settings (at the top right) and choose Search in the On Startup drop down menu.
- How do I uninstall Search.resultssys.com?
How to Make Your Mac Run Faster?
You might be wondering how to make your Mac run faster? It is a common misconception that the more processing power you have, the faster your computer will run. In reality, it’s actually about what’s going on in your processor and memory. For the average person using a computer for just general applications like word processing and web browsing, you don’t need much in the way of computing power.
– Use an SSD drive instead of a hard disk drive.
– Double your RAM if possible.
– Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP). (Attention! – do this only if you know the consequences.)
- More about pop-up advertisements on Wikipedia.
- MacOS malware
- Information on Browser Hijackers
- SpyHunter Anti-Malware overview and also the reasons why we recommend it for malware elimination.
Search.resultssys.com may have the ability to replicate itself, if not completely cleaned. This may require tracking down hundreds of files and settings. You can choose to use Spyhunter Professional Anti-Malware Program to deal with any infection that might be lurking along with Search.resultssys.com!
>>Download SpyHunter – a Professional Virus scanner and remover.
Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.