What is ResultsValue 1.0
Results Value 1.0 is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which manipulates users to install it on their Macs. Once installed onto the system, the program accesses the settings of your web browsers and makes some significant changes without your knowledge and permission. Considering this fact, you should remove Results Value 1.0 from your Mac as soon as you notice it.
How is ResultsValue 1.0 distributed
Most often, Results Value 1.0 gets installed onto your machine during the installation process of other free software. The program is usually spread via freeware installers, software bundles, malvertising, and other unwanted applications. However, it’s you who can prevent this from happening by paying close attention to the installation process of the program you want to install onto your Mac, especially if it’s free.
Always select the Advanced/Custom configuration option whenever you see it available in the installer. In this way, you could notice the presence of bundled applications and eventually opt out their installation.
What does ResultsValue 1.0 do
The main purpose of Results Value 1.0 is to access and change certain browser settings that will enable it to hijack your web browsers. As soon as the PUP makes the changes, it starts spying on your online activities and delivering sponsored ads straight into the affected browser. As a result, the websites you visit are flooded with numerous deceptive ads, offers, banners, and pop-ups.
Keep in mind to avoid clicking on any of these ads because they could redirect you to malicious websites corrupted by hackers. This, on the other side, can threaten your privacy and online security.
Since the code of Results Value 1.0 is publicly available, hackers could easily obtain and analyze it which could be used for infecting your Mac with viruses, such as Trojan horses and other malware threats. Thus, you should not hesitate to remove Results Value 1.0 from your computer.
How to Remove ResultsValue 1.0 from your Mac
To remove Results Value 1.0 and its associated files from your computer, you should complete the steps listed below. Bear in mind that the files associated with this PUP may be detected with names different from Results Value 1.0.
Remove ResultsValue 1.0 Manually
- Hold the ⇧+⌘+U keys simultaneously to open Utilities. Another way is to click on “Go” and then click “Utilities”.
- Go to Activity Monitor and double-click on it.
- Search for any suspicious processes in the Activity Monitor and if you find any, choose the “Force Quit” option to quit the process completely.
- Press the “Go” button again, but this time select Applications. Another way is with the ⇧+⌘+A buttons.
- Search for any suspicious app or an app with a name, similar or identical to Results Value 1.0 in the Applications menu, and if you find such, right-click on it and select “Move to Trash”.
- Select Accounts and click on the Login Items preference. You will see a list of items that start automatically when you log in. If you see any suspicious apps identical or similar to Results Value 1.0, check the app you want to stop from running automatically and select on the Minus (“–“) icon to hide it.
- Remove any left-over files that might be related to this threat manually by following the steps below:
- Go to Finder.
- Type the name of the app that you want to remove in the Search bar.
- Above the search bar change the two drop down menus to “System Files” and “Are Included” to see all the files associated with the application you want to remove.
- If all the files are related, hold the ⌘+A buttons to select them and drag them to the “Trash”.
Remove Results Value 1.0 related extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla Firefox and open the menu window.
- Select the “Add-ons” icon from the menu.
- Select the extension and click “Remove“ .
- After you remove the extension, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red “X” in the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Results Value 1.0 related extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and open the drop menu.
- Move the cursor over “Tools” and choose “Extensions“ from the extended menu .
- Select the add-on from the “Extensions” menu and click on the garbage bin icon on the right of it.
- After you remove the extension, restart Google Chrome by closing it from the red “X” in the top right corner and start it again.
Remove Results Value 1.0 related extensions from Safari
- Start Safari.
- Open the drop menu by clicking on the sprocket icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Preferences” from the drop menu.
- Select “Extensions” from the new window.
- Click on the extension you want to remove and click “Uninstall”.
- To reset Safari, start it and then click on the gear leaver icon.
- Click the Reset Safari button and you will reset the browser.
IMPORTANT: Before resetting Safari make sure you back up all your saved passwords within the web browser.