What is ReplayInfo Mac Virus?
ReplayInfo is a type of browser hijacker that is specifically aimed at Safari browsers on MacOS. It’s spread by potentially unwanted programs and adware that could be downloaded from third-party sites. It hijacks the most popular browsers on Macs, such as Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. The main goal of this malware is to collect information about you. This includes details about your browsing habits, your IP address and location data. It is also possible that it can collect information about your saved passwords. This will allow the creators of this adware to track what websites you are visiting and create targeted ads based on the data it has grabbed. It could also enable them to get a better understanding of your interests, possibly resulting in more relevant adverts being served up to you.
How Is ReplayInfo Mac Virus Distributed?
ReplayInfo Mac virus is often bundled with other freeware from unknown or dubious sources. It can also be bundled with shareware, toolbar and add-on programs, so if you install them it may be installed without your permission. You should always make sure that the software that you are installing is from a legitimate source. The malware does not come preinstalled on your computer after you install some other application. It is downloaded to your computer when downloading or when visiting infected websites. The infected files are not always malicious and sometimes they are legit. The threat may be able to install by exploiting some vulnerabilities on your PC. These vulnerabilities can be security holes that have been discovered in the software but have not yet been patched by the developers. It could also target you if you are using outdated software or an old browser version.
How harmful is ReplayInfo hijacker?
ReplayInfo virus can be annoying and can cause a lot of problems for users who download it without knowing what it is. It may gather data about you and then transmit it to third-party companies. This will often result in advertisements being displayed on a user’s screen based on the information they have submitted. ReplayInfo virus may also infect other installed browsers and bring them under the control of its operators.
Common Symptoms of ReplayInfo Mac Virus Infection:
• Your default homepage might be hijacked.
• Ads may be displayed on your screen.
• Your search engine settings might be changed without your consent.
How did I get infected?
When you download and open a file from a questionable site, you may be infected with ReplayInfo Mac virus. But it is also possible that you received the malware when installing some other application, like an update for your operating system. If there are many other apps installed on your PC, then it’s very likely that they have all installed some adware or other potentially unwanted software. This is quite a common practice in the computer industry and most users are not even aware of it. If you don’t remove this adware from your system, it may further install other unwanted software and run together with them. This will cause even more unwanted effects on your system than just ReplayInfo Mac virus.
How can I Remove ReplayInfo virus ?
Step 1: Uninstall ReplayInfo and remove related files and objects
- Open your Finder –> Click on GO –>Click on Utilities
- Find Activity Monitor and open it
- Review all the processes in Activity Monitor and write down the ones related to ReplayInfo virus
- Select Quit
- To kill the malicious process, choose the Force Quit option.
Step 2: Remove ReplayInfo – related extensions from Safari / Chrome / Firefox
The first thing you need to do is to make sure Safari is not running. If you have troubles closing it, you may need to Force Quit Safari - (Start Activity Monitor by opening up Finder, then proceed to Application --> Utilities --> Activity monitor. Locate the Safari process and force quit it.
Safely launch Safari again by holding the Shift key and clicking on the Safari application icon - This will prevent Safari’s previously opened malicious web pages.
In case that you still are having trouble with scripts interrupting the closing of unwanted pages, please do the following:
- Force Quit Safari again.
- Disconnect form Internet and try again.
Then Re-Launch Safari but don’t forget to press and hold the Shift button to prevent pop-ups. Then, click on Preferences.
- Carefully take a look at your default home page and change it if the hijacker altered it.
- Then go to the Extensions tab and make sure there are no unknow extensions installed.
- Next step is to click on Privacy tab
- Manage website data
- Here you can remove any unwanted website data or just remove them all. Please, keep in mind that after you do this all stored website data will be deleted. You will need to sign-in again for all websites that require any form of authentication.
- The next step is to Clear History (if you want), select the tab.
- Click the menu next to clear and choose a time period — if you want to completely reset Safari, choose all history.
- Press Clear History
- To remove from Chrome, open the browser and click the icon with the three dots located in the top-right.
- Select to More Tools --> Extensions and review what Chrome Extensions are present in the browser
- Remove the ones that you do not recognize.
- If the parasite continues to disrupt your browsing with Chrome, this is what else you can do:
- Click again the menu of Google Chrome, and open Settings.
- Select the Search Engine from the left panel, review the available search engines and change the default to your preference.
- Then, click on Manage Search Engines, review the list of search engine availabilities and if any of the listed items looks suspicious, click the three-dots next to them, and delete.
- Click on Privacy and Security in the left panel, select the Clear browsing data option, check every box except the Passwords one, and click Clear Data.
- Next step is to clear Notifications, select the Site settings option in the Privacy and Security section, then locate Notifications.
- Review the listed websites in the Allow to send notifications section and if any of the entries shown there seem dubious or related to the browser hijacker, select the three dots next to the object and click on Remove.
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- On the top right click the three dashes
- go to add-ons and themes
- The add-ons manager will open
- Carefully review review four Firefox Extensions
- If any unwanted extension is present, click on the three horizontal dots and then Remove
- After the extension is removed, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing it from the red dot in the top left and start it again.
Step 3: Scan for and remove ReplayInfo files from your Mac
Fix your browser settings with SpyHunter Anti-Malware
Once you download and install SpyHunter for Mac run a scan.
Once the scan is complete, your mac will be virus free.
ReplayInfo malware Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I get rid of ReplayInfo?
ReplayInfo is a Browser hijacker – malicious software that can be installed by third-party applications or websites. They usually change the settings of web browsers and search engines to display certain ads, pop-ups, banners, etc.
- What are the symptoms of ReplayInfo infection in your Mac?
ReplayInfo becomes your web browser’s built-in search engine.
Your browser’ s search queries are redirected through ReplayInfo.com
The “ ReplayInfo” browser extension or some shady software is installed on your Mac.
- How do I remove ReplayInfo from my browser?
In Internet Explorer, click the gear icon on the top left and select Manage add-ons. Under Add-on Types, select Search Providers. Select your search engine from the list of providers and click Remove to remove it. In Google Chrome, go to Settings (at the top right) and choose Search in the On Startup drop down menu.
- How do I uninstall ReplayInfo?
How to Make Your Mac Run Faster?
You might be wondering how to make your Mac run faster? It is a common misconception that the more processing power you have, the faster your computer will run. In reality, it’s actually about what’s going on in your processor and memory. For the average person using a computer for just general applications like word processing and web browsing, you don’t need much in the way of computing power.
– Use an SSD drive instead of a hard disk drive.
– Double your RAM if possible.
– Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP). (Attention! – do this only if you know the consequences.)
- More about pop-up advertisements on Wikipedia.
- MacOS malware
- SpyHunter Anti-Malware overview and also the reasons why we recommend it for malware elimination.
ReplayInfo may have the ability to replicate itself, if not completely cleaned. This may require tracking down hundreds of files and settings. You can choose to use Spyhunter Professional Anti-Malware Program to deal with any infection that might be lurking along with ReplayInfo!
>>Download SpyHunter – a Professional Virus scanner and remover.
Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.