What is MyShopcoupon
If your screen gets flooded by numerous intrusive ads and pop-ups that are “Generated by MyShopcoupon”, “Powered by MyShopcoupon”, etc. we have some bad news for you. MyShopcoupon is a nasty adware infection that is known to infiltrate browsers and flood them with all kinds of annoying advertisements that can redirect to shady pages. You can even see it promoted as a useful app that is able to provide exclusive coupons, special deals and offers online. However, its goal is something else entirely. The sole purpose of this parasite is to lure you into following unreliable links and make you download other shady software.
How it is distributed
MyShopcoupon can be downloaded from its own official site, though that’s not the most common way that the parasite infiltrates its victim’s device. Users can get redirected to the MyShopcoupon site by clicking on dubious pop-ups, ads or links. This adware can also be distributed by spam emails that contain suspicious attachments, and via software bundles in the form of bonus software. Usually, users have no idea that malicious software is included as ‘Additional’, along with the program they want to install. And, if they don’t pay close attention, they’ll install such parasites unintentionally, not even realizing their mistake. That’s why it is very important to read all conditions during the installation process and make sure that such undesired software does not get access to your device.
How it operates
MyShopcoupon is not just an annoying pest that can be ignored. Even if you don’t consider advertisement attacks as potential threats, you must not underestimate their power! The parasite is more than capable of tricking you into clicking a seemingly reliable link, when in reality you may get redirected to an infected site that can open backdoor for hackers and infect your device with dangerous viruses like Trojans and ransomware. Your personal data can be easily jeopardized if you allow this adware to stay on your Mac unattended. The more time it’s given, the greater the consequences will be. Private information like passwords, IP addresses, Login credentials, bank accounts, credit card numbers and browsing history can easily get obtained by the parasite, so its creators can profit by sharing it with other shady third-parties. And on top of that, your browser will also pay the price of your carelessness. It will get so overwhelmed by the constant ad attacks, that it will start to lag and crash on a regular basis, making it unusable. To put it simply, your browsing will become a hellish experience.
Staying safe from MyShopcoupon Adware
Apart from having a reliable AV software installed on your Mac, there are other things you can do to ensure your device’s safety. We highly recommend you to:
Pay close attention when you install third-party software, especially torrent files, so you don’t install shady additional applications that you don’t want. In most cases, that’s how malicious parasites are able to infect your computer;
Read any Terms and Conditions you see, so you know exactly what you agree to. The last thing you want is to unknowingly give permission to a nasty virus to infiltrate your Mac;
Follow links that lead to trustworthy sites only;
It is best to visit only reliable and official websites. You never know what dangers might lurk behind an unfamiliar site;
No matter how attractive an ad is, if you are not familiar with the website it redirects to, it might be best to steer clear of it and not click;
Always check the sender’s email address before opening a message. If it states that it’s from an official company, compare the email with the one given in their official page. If there is no match, delete the message, since it most likely is fake and has malicious aims.
Don’t open email attachments from unknown senders. More often than not, such files carry infections that can seriously damage your computer.
How to manually remove MyShopcoupon from Mac
If you’ve had the misfortune of getting your Mac infected with the MyShopcoupon adware, the instructions below can help you to remove it manually. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to Utilities. You can do that by using the ⇧+⌘+U key combination, or going to Finder and choosing Utilities from the Go main menu at the top.
2. Find Activity Monitor and double-click it.
3. A list will be displayed. Find any processes that seem suspicious to you and use the ‘Force Quit‘ option to quit them completely.
4. Open Finder. Click on the Go button from the main menu at the top, and choose Applications. An alternative way is to use the ⇧+⌘+A key combination.
5. Look for any suspicious applications, especially ones with a name similar to MyShopcoupon. If any are found, right-click on them and select the ‘Move to Trash‘ option.
6. Remove any related left-over files by going to Finder‘s search bar and typing the name of the app you want to remove. Make sure to modify the two drop down menus above to ‘System Files‘ and ‘Are Included‘, so that any hidden files are visible for you to remove. Once you find the files you want to remove, simply drag them to Trash.
7. All that’s left for you to do is remove any related extensions to MyShopcoupon from your Mac browsers.
For Mozilla Firefox extensions:
– Open the Firefox browser and from the ‘burger’ menu in the top right corner of the window select ‘Add-ons‘.
– Select any suspicious extensions that may be related to the virus and click ‘Remove‘.
For Google Chrome extensions:
– Open the Chrome browser and select Tools > Extensions from the menu (the three dots in the top right corner of the browser window).
– Locate any suspicious extensions that may be related to the virus and remove them.
For Safari extensions:
– Open the Safari browser. From the Safari menu choose Preferences. Select Extensions from the options at the top.
– Find any extensions you think are related to the virus, select them and click ‘Uninstall‘. A new window will show up asking for confirmation. Click Uninstall again, for the extension to get deleted permanently from your browser.
may have the ability to replicate itself, if not completely cleaned. This may require tracking down hundreds of files and settings. You can choose to use Spyhunter Professional Anti-Malware Program to deal with any infection that might be lurking along with !
>>Download SpyHunter – a Professional Virus scanner and remover.
Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.