We all want to get the most out of our Macs. It goes without saying that the quickest way to make your Mac perform better is to have its battery last longer. In this article, you will learn how to maximize your Mac’s battery potential.
Today, I will be showing you how to change your power setting on your Mac. This can also be used on Mac desktops to make your computer more energy efficient.
- Click on the “Apple” icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Select “System Preferences“ in the pull-down menu.
- In the System Preferences screen, click on the “Energy Saver” icon (it looks like a fluorescent light bulb).
- If you have a laptop and would like to maximize your power savings, please utilize the settings below:
- Computer sleep: 30 minutes
- Display sleep: 5-10 minutes
- Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible – check
- Wake for network access – check
- Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep – check
These settings in conjunction with being in the Energy Saver mode will maximize your battery life on your Mac from a software perspective. Tips for saving more power are :
- Turn down your brightness
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wifi
- Do not use CPU intensive programs (Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, other video or video editing software)
Using these settings and tips, your Mac now is running more efficient and will last you longer than the default settings would let you. If you have any questions need any help on with finding these settings, do not hesitate to ask.
may have the ability to replicate itself, if not completely cleaned. This may require tracking down hundreds of files and settings. You can choose to use Spyhunter Professional Anti-Malware Program to deal with any infection that might be lurking along with !
>>Download SpyHunter – a Professional Virus scanner and remover.
Please, have in mind that SpyHunter offers a free 15-day Trial version with full functionality. Credit card is required, no charge upfront.