Approximately two months after releasing macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Apple launched macOS Mojave 10.14.6. This is the sixth update to macOS Mojave which was first seeded in September, last year.
Unlike macOS Mojave 10.14.5, which introduced AirPlay 2 support for Smart TVs, the latest macOS Mojave 10.14.6 update features some Apple News+ improvements and bug fixes.
Apple users can download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 by opening the “Software Update” section of System Preferences and selecting the option “Update Now”.
Apple’s release notes state that some downloaded issues can be found in My Magazines section of Apple News+, as well as a brand new option for clearing all downloaded magazine issues to free up space on Mac.
In addition, the latest macOS update includes several bug fixes, featuring one which could prevent creating a new Boot Camp partition on iMac and Mac mini with Fusion Drive and an issue which could cause a hang during a restart.
“The macOS Mojave 10.14.6 update improves the stability and reliability of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
– Makes downloaded issues available in the My Magazines section of Apple News+, both online and offline
– Adds all publications in Apple News+, including newspapers, to the catalog at the top of the News+ feed
– Adds the ability to clear downloaded magazine issues in Apple News+ by selecting History > Clear > Clear All
– Addresses an issue which prevents creation of a new Boot Camp partition on iMac and Mac mini with Fusion Drive
– Resolves an issue that may cause a hang during a restart
– Resolves a graphics issue that may occur when waking from sleep
– Fixes an issue that may cause fullscreen video to appear black on Mac mini
– Improves file sharing reliability over SMB”
It is likely macOS Mojave 10.14.6 to be one of the final updates to masOS Mojave as Apple is switching its efforts to macOS Catalina, which is currently being beta tested and set to be launched this fall.